Not much is known about Antonia Lofaso’s wealth, but based on several sources on the internet, such as Exactnetworth, Fullcelebs, and InformationCradle, it appears that her net worth is somewhere between $1 and $3 million.
Her wealth is believed to come from a variety of sources, including her TV shows, cookbooks, and restaurants.
Table of Contents
- Where is Antonia Lofaso from?
- Reality Shows that Antonia Lofaso Has Appeared in
- Did Antonia Lofaso Attend Culinary School?
- Restaurants Owned by Antonia Lofaso
- Does Antonia Lofaso Have a Family?
- Cookbooks Written by Antonia Lofaso
- Which Chefs Have Antonia Lofaso Worked with?
- Is Antonia Lofaso Active on Social Media?
Antonia Lofaso was born on November 23, 1976. Although she was born in Northridge, Los Angeles, she was raised in Long Island, New York.
There isn’t much information about Lofaso’s upbringing, but what we do know is that she developed a passion for cooking from a young age thanks to her supportive father.
It’s said that she grew up with her brother, although not much is known about him either.
Lofaso is most famous for her appearances in reality TV shows on Bravo, Game Show Network, Food Network, CNBC, and ABC.
- Top Chef – Lofaso’s 2008 appearance as a contestant in season 4 of Top Chef was her foray into the world of reality TV. She finished in fourth place and went on to appear in season 8 of Top Chef from 2010 to 2011, where she came in third place. In 2014, she appeared in a Top Chef Duels episode, where she competed against Mike Isabella, who had beaten her in season 8. Ultimately, she won the “duel.”
- Beat the Chefs – In this short-lived show, Lofaso starred as one of three professional chefs being pitted against amateur chef contestants. Although the show only ran for four episodes, it helped catapult Lofaso to cooking competition show fame.
- Cutthroat Kitchen – She was one of the rotating judges on this famous Food Network Show, which aired from 2013 to 2017. In addition to serving as a judge, she competed in Cutthroat’s special “Judging Judges” episode in 2016, which she won after beating fellow judges Jet Tila, Simon Majumdar, and Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian.
- Restaurant Startup – Lofaso starred as a culinary consultant in CNBC’s Restaurant Startup for seasons 2 and 3 in 2015 and 2016.
- Guy’s Grocery Games – One of her latest ventures has been serving as a judge on Guy’s Grocery Games. Although she’s a judge on the show, she has also competed in (and won) several of its competitions.
- Selena + Chef – In 2020, she made an appearance on Selena + Chef, a cooking show hosted by Selena Gomez and featured on HBO Max.
- The Bachelorette – She had her introduction to the world of dating game shows when she appeared on the 16th season of The Bachelorette. She showed up as one of contestant Ben Smith’s two hometown guests, the other one being his sister Madalyn.
- The Julia Child Challenge – Lofaso served as the head judge on Food Network’s The Julia Child Challenge, a cooking competition show that aired in March and April 2022.
Lofaso, alongside four other chefs, also appeared in Restaurant Hustle 2020: All On The Line, a Guy Fieri-produced documentary that focuses on the ways the COVID-19 pandemic impacted these chefs’ businesses and personal lives.
She came back for the documentary’s sequel, Restaurant Hustle 2021: Back In Business, and continued working with Fieri, appearing as the lead judge on Guy’s Chance Of A Lifetime.
Yes, she did. She attended the International Culinary Center, formerly known as the French Culinary Institute, in New York City.
During that time, she was serving as a manager at Justin, a Sean Combs-owned restaurant. After her stint there, she worked as a chef at restaurants Spago and Foxtail in Los Angeles.
Currently, she’s the executive chef and a co-owner of several Los Angeles restaurants.
- Black Market Liquor Bar – According to the restaurant’s website, it serves “global small plates & craft cocktails served in a cozy spot with a curved brick ceiling.” This establishment, which takes reservations, features brunch and dinner menus, as well as a sophisticated selection of classic cocktails, wines, and beers.
- Scopa Italian Roots – The website of Scopa Italian Roots says that this restaurant provides an interpretation of traditional Italian cuisine that takes people back to their roots in the boroughs of New York. Its combination of old-school Italian dishes and elite customer service makes this gem a hallmark in Venice, California.
- DAMA – This Latin-inspired restaurant boasts an indoor-outdoor cocktail bar and an outdoor patio. Its offerings include classic and tropical cocktails, as well as dishes inspired by Lofaso’s travels to Latin America, Spain, and the Caribbean.
Lofaso maintained a long-term relationship with her partner, Dwight Arrington Myers. Her partner, who was an American singer, rapper, and actor, was known by his stage name Heavy D. Together they had a daughter, whom they named Xea Myers.
Heavy D’s death on November 8, 2011, at the age of 44 left Lofaso, now a single mother, solely responsible for the care of their child.
According to the Guardian, Heavy D’s death was the result of pulmonary embolism caused by deep vein thrombosis.
Since Heavy’s passing, no information about Lofaso’s relationships, if there have been any, has been made public.
Lofaso has managed to keep her daughter, born in 2000, out of the media limelight. However, her daughter is quite active on social media, regularly posting updates on her Instagram page, including posts in which she commemorates her late father.
Lofaso also maintains an active presence on social media, often posting on her Instagram account about her personal and professional lives.
So far, Lofaso has written one cookbook, and it’s titled The Busy Mom’s Cookbook: 100 Recipes for Quick, Delicious, Home-Cooked Meals.
The cookbook provides 100 family recipes that Lofaso developed while she was raising her daughter as a working single mother.
Recipes range from breakfast favorites like blueberry muffins to dinner classics like beef stroganoff with creamy pappardelle.
The cookbook, which was published in 2013, is, according to its description on Amazon, the first book to provide busy working parents with star-quality culinary treatment.
Sprinkled with lessons and memories from Lofaso’s own experiences as a working parent, this book combines world-class culinary expertise, real-world advice, and lighthearted humor to encourage its readers to relish the rewards of cooking memorable meals.
Lofaso has worked with and competed against several world-renowned chefs. These chefs include:
- Guy Fieri – Lofaso worked with Guy Fieri when she appeared as a judge on Guy’s Grocery Games, which is hosted by Fieri. She continued working with him through the years, starring in his documentary film Restaurant Hustle 2020: All On The Line and later its sequel Restaurant Hustle 2021: Back In Business. Her most recent collaboration with Fieri was her appearance as the lead judge on Guy’s Chance Of A Lifetime.
- Mike Isabella – In the 2010-2011 season of Top Chef, Lofaso competed against Mike Isabella, the season 2 Top Chef. Even though Isabella beat her in their standoff, she went on to defeat him in 2014 on an episode of Top Chef Duels.
- Simon Majumdar/Jet Tila/Geoffrey Zakarian – Lofaso served alongside fellow regular judges Jet Tila, Simon Majumdar, and Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian in the Food Network show Cutthroat Kitchen. The show featured several “Judging Judges” episodes, in which regular judges competed against each other and vied for the top stop. Lofaso defeated her competitors, including Zakarian, in the 2016 “Judging Judges” episode.
Yes, it appears that Lofaso has several social media accounts, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook (a public page), and TikTok (although it isn’t clear whether the TikTok account, which is under the handle @chefantonia and has 640 followers, is actually hers).
Her Instagram and Twitter pages, which go by the same handle, @chefantonia, have garnered 332,000 followers and 41,400 followers, respectively.
Her official Facebook page, which is under the name Chef Antonia Lofaso, has 202,000 followers.
She appears to be most active on her Instagram page, where she posts snapshots of her personal and professional life several times a month.