In SpongeBob, the Alaskan Bull Worm was a terrifying character. He was huge, an enemy to SpongeBob, Sandy, and anyone else, and would eat anything on sight.
With there being different unknown creatures in our lakes and oceans, one can’t help to wonder if this creature really exists.
Some experts just recently discovered some unique water creatures that are dangerous, and in some cases, downright deadly.
Nevertheless, at least none of us has to fear that the Alaskan Bull Worm will sting or kill us, because the Alaskan Bull Worm is not real.
The Alaskan Bull Worm is only real and terrifying on SpongeBob.
And now, that we can all rest easy that we are safe from the Alaskan Bull worm being in the water, you may be wondering about the details concerning this character. The following information gives those details:
Table of Contents
- What is the Alaska Bull Worm’s Story on SpongeBob?
- What Was His Role in Various Series?
- What are This Worm’s Characteristics?
- What is His Personality Like?
- Other Appearances
- What are This Worm’s Powerful Capabilities?
- Some Alaskan Bull Worm Trivia
According to SpongeBob, this creature is from Alaska. It wandered to Bikini Bottom and ate anything in his sight.
However, it has only devoured inanimate objects so far except for an unfortunate fish’s buttocks. Also, SpongeBob is one of the few witnesses of the rampage after this beast ate a portion of his pineapple home.
People have been discussing the worm’s rampages at the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob describes the worm by saying it is scary, big, and pink.
And upon hearing this, Sandy said that she would fight the worm. However, SpongeBob desperately tries to stop and inform her that this beast is too big even for her.
She still refuses several times. And yet, SpongeBob offered no other, possibly better way of dealing with the worm.
Later on, the worm chases Sandy and SpongeBob until they trick that thing into plummeting off the cliff.
Then, the worm fell down and crushed Bikini Bottom, which was pushed into another area at Patrick’s request. And surprisingly, the worm was able to say “Ouch!” upon landing.
The first appearance was made in this episode of SpongeBob. With Sandy wanting to get her tail back, Sandy stated how easily she could fight the worm. However, SpongeBob tries to stop Sandy several times on her journey, to no avail.
So, Sandy and SpongeBob arrive at the worm’s mouth, which Sandy mistakes as a giant cave. She enters the worm’s mouth and tussles with the tongue.
However, SpongeBob tells Sandy that it’s the tongue and not the worm. After this, the angry worm chases them until they arise to lead him off the edge of a cliff.
In this episode, SpongeBob is trying to hurt Fred’s legs, so he can be transported to the hospital where the woman Fred loves is.
Fred and SpongeBob are standing next to a sign that says “Stay back!”, and the first thing Fred does is sprinkle salt over his leg.
Afterward, SpongeBob rings a bell so that the Alaskan Bull Worm will come over to eat Fred’s leg. But, to SpongeBob and Fred’s surprise, this worm comes over to stop, sniff, and lick his leg, which disgusts them.
In this episode, the Alaskan Bull Worm is Sandy’s pet. When Mr. Krabs ushers out customers, her pet can be seen leaving the Krusty Krabs. Then, the worm vomits up the food.
As previously stated, the worm is a large and pink beast that looks like an anthropomorphic worm in the franchise except for having an enormous size.
Alaskan Bull Worms also have a pair of eyes with good vision to perceive their surroundings on the surface. Their eyes also close when they travel underground.
More details about its physical appearance are as follows:
- Full Name- Alaskan Bull Worm
- Gender- Male
- Eye Color- Black
- Classification- Giant Gippsland Earthworm
- Alias- The Worm
- Origin- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Occupation – Giant Worm
- Power/skills- worm physiology, enhanced speed, stamina, seismic sensing
- Hobby- eating
- Goals- catch Sandy and SpongeBob to eat them, but he failed.
- Crimes- destruction, mutilation, accidental murder
- Villain Type- Gigantic Monster
Alaskan Bull Worms are man-eating, wild, ferocious, and carnivorous creatures. They always hunt for food until they are full and where they will rest.
They will also get back hungry again quickly. And being indiscriminate eaters, their diets consist of lamp posts, fish, cars, concrete walls, and different other inanimate objects.
Alaskan Bull Worms are belligerent and extremely deadly in their own right. Other than that, they at least have the intelligence to be able to speak. They can say “ouch”, but it’s unknown whether they can say any other words.
The Alaskan Bull Worm made cameos in at least three video games, which include the following:
This worm is the boss in the chapter called “Out and About”, which is in the Game Boy Advance Version.
The worm seems to be at the bottom of a pit in this game that SpongeBob falls into while driving. Then, the Alaskan Bull Worm’s insides become another level where the other victims of this worm and SpongeBob meet.
While in this area, Cannonball Jenkins and SpongeBob make a plane that starts flying, and that is how they manage to escape out of the worm.
The Alaskan Bull Worm is also in “Alaskan Bull Worm!”, a B-Movie nanogame. There, the worm chases SpongeBob.
As the Alaskan Bull Worm travels underground, he shifts from his sight to his acute hearing sense. He may also shift to his seismic vibrations. And with either one or both of these shifts, he senses prey on the surface.
Also, the saliva of the worm is indicated to be an anesthetic material. This is shown when he, unfortunately, bites Sandy’s tail and the fish’s rear end. However, Sandy and that fish didn’t feel any pain.
In addition to what the Alaskan Bull Worm is all about, there is some extraordinary trivia out there about this creature.
The following include some trivia about it;
- Its acts of destruction are eating buildings, signs, SpongeBob’s house, a fish’s rear end, and Sandy’s tail. It also crushes Bikini Bottom.
- It has similarities to the Graboids, giant worms on Tremors.
- At the ending of an episode, the Alaskan Bull falls off the cliff, which is similar to the end of Tremors, the first movie.
- Although the worm is generally huge, how large the worm actually seems to be is slightly inconsistent.
- When it first appeared on SpongeBob, it was easily distinguishable from when it was chasing Sandy and SpongeBob. It seems to be approximately triple or quadruple Sandy’s height when it first appeared in the cartoon, but it shrank considerably as he chased Sandy and SpongeBob.
- When Sandy and SpongeBob rode the worm, he seemed to have significant growth again.
- On the other hand, when it came to the entire city of Bikini Bottom, he was big enough to land and crush the whole city.
- Also, he was small enough to eat buildings as he traveled through the city at the beginning of the episode.
- In the 2003 Jakks Pacific SpongeBob SquarePants Plug ‘n Play TV Game, the Alaskan Bull Worm is mentioned at the beginning of “Sandy’s Surf Adventure”.
- In the “My Leg!” episode, the worm has a regular tongue”, but his tongue looked like a smaller worm in the “Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm” episode.
- The Alaskan Bull Worm sounds like stock roars and bulls.
- The Giant Gippsland earthworm’s length could be as long as three meters, and this could be what the Alaskan Bull Worm is based on.